Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 10:50:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disaster at Pukkelpop festival in Belgium.  (Read 3956 times)
JeanB

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2011, 03:06:53 pm »

A week after the stage disaster at the Sugerland concert in USA, a new disaster came over a festival. This time in Belgium.Yesterday afternoon a short but heavy storm came over one of the biggest pop festivals in Europe. It is a three-days festival with more than 100,000 young people from all over West-Europe and even USA. Till now five people were killed and several are in peril of there life.
I never saw a storm like this one. It was 5pm and it was pitch-dark like at midnight!
What is going on with all those storms in the world?
My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and family on both festivals/concerts of this week.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:36:39 pm »

These weather changes have been so strange, all over the USA and other Places too.

Jean/B ,The minute I heard Belgium, I was so concerned that you & yours might be at this one, Thank God you weren't.

The SugarLand Tragedy was Horrific and they could have easily been killed if their manager had not waited for them to go out on stage. They held a vigil for the ones killed and injured. They are lucky to be alive. Thank God for Womens intuition or God's Interception. a savvy decision by the manager.

I pray that Alan will postpone a show, before this can happen. It seems this came up all of the sudden, however. Gust of winds 70mph or more are Hurricane force gusts, how terrible.
We have weather alerts here, but other places may not.I always watch the weather, before going to a outdoor venue.
I could not watch the TV , such a  tragedy. Prayers for all affected by this.
God Bless, Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 11:07:16 am »

So sorry to hear about this.  My prayers to all the families.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 01:13:15 pm »

Jean so sorry to hear this. My prayers go out
to all affected by the storm.
Elaine

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 08:39:28 pm »

JeanB I am so sorry about the disaster in Belgium.  My prayer go out to all those at both of these festivals, here in the USA
and Belgium.  God Bless   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 07:13:43 pm »

How awful. I am so sorry to hear this. These tragedies are becoming all too common. Prayers to all concerned.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: