Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 02:10:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Macon GA!  (Read 66510 times)
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2011, 08:58:10 pm »

Had a wonderful time at the concert .Sharon , was good to meet you and the other girls I am not as good with names as you  are Sharon.Alan and strayhorns were AWESONE. Glad everyone made it back home .Terry, we miss you.
Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2011, 02:41:47 am »

I just returned home today. Debbie and I stayed over in Charlotte Friday night. Her son was doing a Lamond race at the Charlotte Speedway so we stopped over for that. It took us 11 hours to drive from Virginia to Macon, GA. Worse road trip we have ever had....Thank goodness things turned around for us in Macon.

Before Alan and the Strayhorns started I had the biggest surprise of meeting Mama Ruth and Denise. What an unexpected thrill that was. My first trip over I took a really great picture of Mama Ruth and at that time Denise wasn't sitting with her. I told Mama Ruth "We love Alan" and she said "We do to" and just smiled.  After returning to my seat, I kept looking in that direction and noticed Denise was there. I told Dizzy and Mazie, they were over there and they both were excited to meet them. I wanted to get a picture of Dizzy and Mazie with Mama Ruth and Denise. I was so thrilled for them to get to meet  two lovely women in Alan 's life. I was excited for myself as I also spoke with both of them and shook  their hands. They are so nice and down to earth.
Then the lights went out and the countdown for Alan and Strayhorns began. It was pretty dark in the stadium area so we carefully stepped back down to main floor. Totally Awesome moment.  Unfortunately I could not get a picture as I had planned for Dizzy and Mazie.

I met Tammy and her friend Tammy for the first time, they are a hoot Smiley Got to see Sharon, LouAnn, Debbie, Dizzy and Mazie. I wish I had met some of the other fans.
Alan walked out and the whole place was on their feet.  With a beautiful shirt (black with gray scrolling) and his holey jeans, he looked fantastic as always. The concert was so wonderful.....best I have ever seen. But I always thought the last was the best, LOL. He sang "Long Way To Go", he even sang "As She's Walking Away" with Monty singing Zac's part. He mentioned his new album would be out the first of the year. I believe on this album will be another song he performed this night.....( I hope I get the title right) " Dixie Highway " I really loved this song, upbeat and a very solid song. I predict if it is released as a single it will go number 1. IF WE CAN GET AIRPLAY Sad  Sad
Alan was so relaxed and in great humor. Probably had something to do with the Jack and water.....LOL

I wanted to spend more time with Sharon, Tammy, LouAnn and meet other fan members, but time got away from us.
Plus it was raining like crazy........
Terry.....we sure did miss you, hope you are feeling much better!!!
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2011, 07:21:21 am »

Kimberleigh, thanks for sharing your evening with us.  What a fun experience to meet Mama Ruth and Denise!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2011, 10:39:22 am »

Great Review Kimberleigh,
Like You , Long trips are very tiring. we drove to MS & then the Opry and we were exhausted. We had just said we would never drive that far again w/out stopping halfway but Alan can make you change your mind hehe!

So Happy you got to meet "Mama Ruth and Denise", what fun! I know you were disappointed in not getting a photo of Dizzy & mazie w/them but I'm sure they will retain that memory forever. You girls even walked them to their car in the rain, wow! what sweet people you are and thoughful! I'm not good at driving at night in the rain, so that was very nice of youall to make dizzy's trip out of GA much easier, than being wet to start.

"Moma Ruth" has to be nice, look who her son is! She did a fine job w/Alan and Denise has been a lovely wife.
So proud you got to enjoy the Concert, plus meet them all. Congrats!
Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2011, 06:29:46 pm »

Great review, Sharon and Kimberleigh. Glad to have met you all ladies there. . .Dizzy and Mazie, Sharon and Betty. It was a happenstance that I saw Dizzie and Mazie at the concert. I was actually looking for another gal, Melanie (she posts here once in a while; wish I had met you there too, Melanie) hoping to get together with her. We've known each other since 2000 from another message board but actually have not met in person. I didn't see her there, though. However, I saw who I thought might be Dizzy and her twin sister, Mazie as they look so much alike and dressed alike too. I wondered out loud if that would be them and my oldest son encouraged me to go and talk to them. I contemplated a few minutes more, feeling a little shy and not wanting to make a fool of myself. :-) I then went and talked to them introducing myself as the one that sent Dizzy the flowers at the hospital. Dizzy, I am more than honored and real glad that I finally met you and your twin sister, Mazie. You both are such wonderful and sweet ladies.

Jerrie, thanks for your IMs/PMs. My experience with having the meet and greet with Alan is just awesome. . .swift and sweet. . .although, I made a little blunder (I know now how you felt). I got so tongue tied I wasn't able to get a word out of my mouth, including introducing my youngest son, Michael to Alan. :-) I only realized it when we were walking back to our seats and had to laugh at myself. But like you, I did write Alan a letter, though, and asked one of the security there to please give it to him later and he said he would. At the photo shoot itself was kind of funny. After the security took my purse to hold it for me, I stood right next to Michael. Alan looked at me and said, "C'mon over here!", motioning for me to stand next to him, which puts him between Michael and I. I did that and he gathered us close to him. So I went ahead and put my arm around his waist and actually felt a little silly doing it. :-) (Jerrie, by the way, you're right, Alan have cold hand). Michael was thrilled to have had this opportunity to meet Alan in person and got the photo taken with him and me.

Cindy, thank you so much for choosing Michael to win the meet and greet. It has been a wonderful experience for both of us that we'll both treasure and not ever forget. It also gave me, along with Alan's great concert, a much needed moment of peace and relaxation from all the stresses regarding the situation with my father-in-law and it was a thrill for Michael as he always had love for Alan and his music. My family and I appreciate this very much. I will have Michael send you our M&G photo and have him write you about his experience meeting Alan. Thanks, again.

To all of you here whom I have email addresses to, I'm sending you Michael and my M&G photo with Alan. My 4'10 next to Alan's 6'4, I was dwarfed! :-) Oh, and just a note here, Michael is 34 years old, and autistic, but he still looked like a young kid, as you'll all see in the photo.

Take care, everyone and you all have a great week.

HUGS,
BHR

taccat8

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2011, 06:44:05 pm »

Glad everyone had great time in Macon. I kinda think Alan schedule a concert in Macon  (as it was not on his original tour) so Mama Ruth could enjoy him doing what does as she is getting up in age. I'm sure she is proud of her son (as all of her children) and seeing him perform live is a thrill for her as it is for us.
As Alan is done touring for this year, I hope he enjoys his time off.  Looking forward to all of next years schedule!! PA needs a date!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:06:44 pm by taccat8 » Logged

Kathy
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2011, 07:19:29 am »

Thanks for your review BHR - what an exciting evening for you and Michael!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2011, 08:46:54 am »

BHR thanks for the great review, glad you and your son had a wonderful time..
thanks for the m & g picture you sent me to my email address...
WOW Alan is really tall!!!!

AJ IS THE BEST
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2011, 11:37:52 pm »

BHR, Great review!
I am so thrilled you & your son got to meet Alan.. I could not remember my name & was stumbling and all of the sudden I started to say"Do you relaize we drove 13 hrs to see You" hehe teasing breaks up the scary feeling. Alan's just said "I appreciate that". Also when I was going in, I told the lady next to me I don't want to give my purse to that man, even if he is security. the purse cost more than our  tickets( a gift from hubby for my birthday} LOL He said "I am the guard"
I acted so weird for myself..but when i saw Alan waiting, after greeting Roger and saying hello! I walked so fast..Got there & nothing came out, until I teased Alan. Knowing he has a good sense of humor helped. He is a bit taller than my son, so I put my arm around him and the feeling was so comfy. Such peace as I was there, as My Mom was about gone.
WE took my sister & her hubby w/us. she has just had radiation for b-cancer but she is a survivor now, Thank God.She enjoyed it so much and sang along w/Alan.She Never sat that close before, except an Elton John in Vegas..
So happy for you and your son, will see the photo soon! Hugs Jerrie
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 02:51:32 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2011, 11:49:42 pm »

BHR, I'm so glad you and your son got a Meet and Greet with Alan. I know you both were on top of the world. Congratulations
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2011, 10:39:31 pm »

I keep looking for some pictures that was taken at the Concert
in Macon...It was such a fun nite me Mazie and me..we met so
many fan club members,,,,It  was so nice that Kimberleigh
introduced Mazie and me to Denise and Mama Ruth what a
wonderful treat for us. Thanks to Kim and Debbie they took us
to our car it was raining so hard when we got out of the concert..
We left the next morning for Fla...and yes we have been resting
from our busy vacation....

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2011, 02:29:25 pm »

Thanks for the great reviews Ladies.
Love them.
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2011, 02:53:43 pm »

Did anyone get any photos in Macon, GA? would love to see them.

Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2011, 02:16:01 am »

Jeri, are you on facebook?Huh? I have all my pics from Macon on there......
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2011, 11:46:40 am »

Jeri, are you on facebook?Huh? I have all my pics from Macon on there......

Kimberleigh hi!
Sorry to say, no I haven't got an account with FaceBook. Oh My! Really since My husband retired I have no time
it seems like I used to.
Thanks for all the nice reviews from all you ladies!
Take care, Jerrie

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: