Alan Jackson
May 05, 2024, 02:07:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Walk of Fame article and pics  (Read 8449 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2011, 07:23:36 am »

http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2011/11/07/walk-of-fame-recognizes-contributions-of-7-stars/
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 10:46:02 am »

Thanks, Beth. He looks great as usual.

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 11:46:50 am »

Thanks so much Beth for sharing. So many great pictures of Alan at the ceremony. I couldn't talk my husband into driving 5 hours to see it. Darned it. It's a rare occasion to see Alan with his shirt tucked in and a belt on. I love him either way. He looks so slim and trim....love it!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
taccat8

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 06:49:01 pm »

Job Description - ****STAR
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:50:45 pm by taccat8 » Logged

Kathy
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 03:54:48 pm »

Thanks Beth!

I had to tear up Listening to Alan give his acceptance speech. Alan is so humble and Super nice, that he gave the Fans
credit for his getting this prestigious Star on the Walk Of Fame.

Alan is so humble that he really appreciates his Fans and means this whole heartily.It made me cry to know that the Man has worked for Years and Years to get where he is, and deserves this for his work. He is the Best Singer/Songwriter over-all in Country Music today, to me. He is what you see. he is a good natured Man that we adore.He see's the value of Family. He is a gentleman and I was honored to meet him a while back.

Alan deserves to be there among the Greats in Country music, for his work! He has scarificed in the early Years by not always being home for his family. it took years of work, to get where he is today. I appreciate his  work.I do not feel like I had anything to do with his Amazing God Given Talent, that he shares with us Fans.

I will Always be a Fan of Alan Jackson's because I simply love his Voice and  Music, plus his dedication for his Fans.

Love you to Alan Jackson and It's an honor to be considered a Fan for Years. We only came to see your Gifts, you shared with the World and  with such appreciation given to us.Your Songs speak to each of us, byo your words. we identify w/them and sometimes they seem to heal our spirits, as in "Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning."

Thank You to Alan , He earned that Star On the Walk Of Fame, so others can see for Years beyond, what he was about in Country Music. Alan is a STAR, and listen Alan Jackson and we Love and admire YOU, so accept that Star w/Pride!
 God Bless, Jerrie-MS

PS-The Video in the News, at the top Left ( In case you missed it) it is too sweet to miss!

http://www.alanjackson.com/news.html?n_id=3522
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:41:24 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 04:24:52 am »

Wow what a terrific milestone for our Alan.  I am sooooooooooo proud of him.  So sweet thanking us (the fans) and he is so sincere and humble.  Was cute to me when he said "some people even call their dogs after me"  I wanted to shout out.....I CALLED MY ONLY BOY AFTER YOU.....my cat A.J. that is as I have no children!!!!!

Would have given anything to be there.  Also Jeri you write such heartwarming thoughts on here and I so enjoy reading each and everyone one always Smiley

Gwen
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 09:14:06 pm »

Wanted to go to this   but wasn"t  able to,, had to work  that day.

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 02:28:01 pm »

Loved it when he thanked the fans.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 12:34:20 pm »

Loved it when he thanked the fans.
Harriet, it seemed to be a most touching moment for Alan. I was so proud of him & his success.
I really believe Alan's  songs such as "Monday Morning Church  "& "WWY" ministers byo music, to our Hearts.
I hated that Radio never seemed to play"Monday Morning Church" . Perhaps if Alan had been in the Video more, it would have..
Video's can make, or break a song, my thoughts only..I'm no expert.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 05:33:01 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 06:28:43 pm »

I loved the acceptance sppech too. He never forgets us does he.? He sure deserves all the awards and Stars he ever receives. I love that man under that cowboy hat. He's one of the good guys !

Jeri_MS , Alan was in the video for Monday Morning Church, looked great too! I have NO idea why radio didn't play it much. It's a very pretty song. Radio isn't playing Long Way to Go much either but the video is doing fine. I don't understand "NOT' playing Alan Jackson on country radio , it makes no sense to me...............even if it was explained to me in a plain and simple way I still wouldn't get it . Thank goodness we have cd's and can play them whenever we wish to hear something good.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 12:45:18 am »

I loved the acceptance sppech too. He never forgets us does he.? He sure deserves all the awards and Stars he ever receives. I love that man under that cowboy hat. He's one of the good guys !

Jeri_MS , Alan was in the video for Monday Morning Church, looked great too! I have NO idea why radio didn't play it much. It's a very pretty song. Radio isn't playing Long Way to Go much either but the video is doing fine. I don't understand "NOT' playing Alan Jackson on country radio , it makes no sense to me...............even if it was explained to me in a plain and simple way I still wouldn't get it . Thank goodness we have cd's and can play them whenever we wish to hear something good.
Beth,
It runs in cycles. It's like the under 30 crowd is most popular, or the ones on TV or movies a lot that gets played. I would love for Country Music to play Alan more and some stations do.I feel Country Music should treasure the over 30 Greats. I miss those great days.WhenTalent with the Singers own personal sound, was Important then. Love that Alan connected with Zac Brown Band and others seem to treasure getting to sing with those Greats, who got them started to begin with..Perhaps
that is the only way to get great Country Singers back on Radio more.I wish...

Yes Beth, Alan was in the Monday Morning Chuch Video, I have it.on I-Tunes. and Love it.. But it also has an actor with Alan. I think his core Fans seem to like only him in Video's or w/backup Singers..in a serious Song, but Fun songs, anything goes that Alan does. I love that Video and Song and wish it had played more. I wish all of Alan's played more and REQUEST often!Jeri
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:52:31 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: