Alan Jackson
May 20, 2024, 05:53:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ALAN JOINS LINE-UP FOR CMT DISASTER RELIEF CONCERT ----THANK YOU!  (Read 4634 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2011, 07:18:22 pm »

ALAN JOINS LINE-UP FOR CMT DISASTER RELIEF CONCERT

SET TO PREMIERE LIVE ON
THURSDAY, MAY 12 AT 9 P.M. ET/8 P.M. CT

Talent line-up includes Hank Williams, Jr. and Alabama,
Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Ronnie Dunn, Sara Evans and Tim McGraw

CMT and its pro-social initiative CMT One Country will air a live, 90-minute concert special featuring Hank Williams, Jr. and Alabama, Alan Jackson, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Ronnie Dunn, Sara Evans, Tim McGraw and many others to raise awareness and funds for those affected by the recent devastating storms, flooding and tornadoes.  The fundraising special will air live from Nashville on Thursday, May 12 at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT on CMT and will be simulcast on CMT.com.  Additional artists to be announced; all money raised will benefit the American Red Cross Disaster Relief efforts.

Hank Williams, Jr. got the ball rolling on the fundraising event this past weekend when he reached out to CMT to express his urgent desire to address the disaster:  “I just couldn’t believe what I was seeing on TV.  Alabama is home - I am really pumped about helping.  I want to raise lot of money, and thanks to my good friends, we are going to be able to make a difference.”

"CMT's audience is reaching out to us, and to our stars, in desperation,” said Brian Philips, president, CMT.  “The other seismic news events of the past few days have had the unintended effect of limiting media coverage of this massive, historic American disaster.  Simply put, CMT and our artists will not allow this to happen.  We will raise money, and we will shine the brightest possible light on the urgent needs of our courageous neighbors.  On behalf of CMT, MTV Networks and Viacom, we strongly urge other organizations to join us in this labor of love."

“Our hearts go out to every person affected by these storms, and we’re grateful for every donation that enables the Red Cross to do whatever we possibly can do to ease their suffering and give them help,” said Gail McGovern, president and CEO of the American Red Cross.

**CMT One Country encourages you to support our neighbors affected by the recent devastating tornadoes and floods.  Please text “REDCROSS” to 90999 to make a $10 donation to support the American Red Cross Disaster Relief efforts.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 08:03:38 pm »

Beth Thanks!

I am so proud to see Alan signed up to do this concert. It is really strange to see so much flooding around Memphis and
near Nashville.

I hope and pray my son & family in Nashville will not be affected by this. I called them and they are watching and frankly concerned  They were in the Nashville, Flood before and they just got the house inspected and back with all new inside, furniture etc..It is not easy for young couples with rent and Twins to just get up and leave asap. we are Very concerned for them.( UPDATE Edit)>Looks like it will be ok for them now, Thank God! They got the tree out, the city is doing it, it's Huge..
They are not in a flood zone and insurance is too high for most.. a tree from a neighbors house just fell on the side of their
fence area & now they have to have it removed.What else can they endure..
 a Huge Thank You to Alan Jackson and those involved in this Concert. the last flood was neighbors helping neighbors and their Church. This sounds like a great line up of Singers, to make lots of money for a Great cause.. Thank YOU! we sent another check to the Red Cross ! Jerrie-MS  we also went to the "All For The Hall" earlier..Wish I could go to this concert but travel might not be possible unless you are familar w/Nashville. we are but my husband does not drive at night in the city much. the street signs are hard to read for him and in Nashville you must know the streets, or one could drive into deep water before.
Jerrie-MS
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:05:36 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 08:20:05 pm »

Thank you Beth for the info.        Jeri I will pray for your son and his family that the flood does not reach them. I will pray for you because you sound like you really need some peace. GOD BLESS you and your whole family.  Hugs and Love  nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 06:08:20 am »

Thank you Alan and all involved!! Praying for your son and family Jeri as well as everyone effected by the current weather events..

RAY
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 11:58:38 am »

Thank You, Beth. I have it on my calendar.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 10:14:45 pm »

Thanks Everyone for the Nice Wishes for my Son but looks like they only got storms and The water hasn't got to them and they don't think it will, so Everything is fine.. The city took care of the fallen tree, election time soon LOL

So Nice of Alan and the others to do this for AL and the places who need the money. AL is where we always stop going to our home in MS. Cullman or sometimes it's near Birmingham, if we are tired.
AL looked like a war zone, so terrible and and storms in MS too..but nothing compared to Alabama, Hope Melanie is ok & her Home too. Thanks you Alan for doing this. I sent more this Morning for The Red Cross. It gets it out to those who need it and early on.. I hope they raise LOTS of Money in this Concert. It is so wonderful of them, to Give of their Time!
Thanks Alan and all those who give their Time! God Bless those affected by this Storm, Jerrie-MS
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:07:08 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: