Alan Jackson
May 01, 2024, 01:26:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!! How can I get Tulsa to play HH&H????  (Read 6221 times)
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2010, 09:06:53 pm »

Ok fellow AJ fans, here is what is happening in Tulsa...I have called in to request ALan's new song to each of our country stations and the responses have been bizarre, leading me to believe they have never heard of this song!  The first station replied "oh, that's been awhile, I will see what I can do" and a few minutes later they played "Remember WHen".  I do speak clearly by the way and those two titles do not sound at all the same!  So I try the other station and can tell they are recording my request to play when they play my song.  NOT!!  This dee jay replied "I'll see if I can dig it up" and then played "Livin on Love".   So I am thinking they do not know Freight Train exists.  They never played the last release (It's Just That Way" either but constantly play all the AJ oldies.  Seems to be they are guilty of boycotting this country legend!!!  Advice appreciated and if anyone wants to call in a request to either station (good luck getting through!) the numbers are:  918-460-9595 and 918-460-9800.  Maybe if they get additional requests they will try to find the song!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 09:47:10 am »

It's the same here in Indy the last few weeks. They play his oldies which I love, but I call to request HHAAH and they just never play it. Ticks me off!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 05:31:54 pm »

Hm, is it the radio stations just deciding not to play AJ or are his CD's not getting to them??   Makes me wonder.  That explains why the songs aren't up there in the countdown!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 07:55:22 pm »

Hard Hat & a Hammer has already peaked at #17 on the Billboard Charts & has now fallen out of the Top 30 & is no longer on Mediabase. I think ity's too late to get a station to play it now. I think we need to request As She's Walking Away which is climbing the charts- now at #19 on Billboard.

okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 08:04:22 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAH!  Of course it peaked at only #17.  Pretty darn good for only  having PART of the country playing it.  I feel a letter to the stations coming on............that just makes me SO mad.  Nobody in Tulsa has heard the song unless they watch tv.
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 11:29:51 am »

Yes...this sure smells fishy. Not sure what happened. Maybe it's the fact that he is ending his contract with Arista. Just a thought. I would hope not.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
WJT

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 09:11:24 pm »

This is exactly the same for the two major radio stations in Houston (Q93 and KILT).  They haven't played any new song since Sissy's Song.  I have requested all the songs and they answer that they will play them but never do.  The Conroe Tx station north of Houston will play the songs, but the Houston stations just play his older songs.  I've been wondering the same thing as all of the other posts - what's going on?Huh
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 04:56:48 pm »

I had a hunch this wasn't just happening in Tulsa.  It's just wrong, period.  I wrote a letter to both local stations here to address my frustration.  I told them I can't understand why they are boycotting Alan, etc.  Doubt it will help but I enjoyed venting.  grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: