Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 03:10:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meeting Alan  (Read 3622 times)
jotolhopf

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2011, 03:10:35 am »

:)This small town southern woman met Alan at the Thursday night Brisbane concert and it was like a dream come true.  I have waited many many years to see Alan and the Strayhorns live in concert and flying from NZ was so worth it.  He was so soft spoken and we were rushed through the meet & greet but I have my photo and it has pride of place on my living room wall.  (And my face book page and my screen saver and my background).  I sang to all the songs and hearing "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" rocked me and the whole crowd, they went wild!!! I loved "where were you when the world stopped turning" because I imagined him singing it to the Christchurch quake survivors.  The Entertainment Centre was packed and alot of people were able to go and stand at the front of the stage (my husband included).  You Americans are so very lucky to have Alan as your own and I'm so very grateful he decided to visit us "Down Under".
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 10:20:12 pm »

jotolhopf  Hello!

I'm Jeri from Florida and reading your review was so wonderful! Your meeting Alan must have meant the world to you after waiting for so long.. We do feel lucky here in the USA to have Alan and his Band too!
I am so thrilled you got to meet Alan even though it was brief. It is  the dream of a Lifetime, you will never forget. I love his Music and I will never forget meeting him. I have been to lots and lots of Alan's Concerts and each time, I still want to see him again. Good Singers leave us wanting more! He is so super nice and so down to earth. he has so much charisma
with that great southern drawl and his good nature. The Guys in the Band are great too!
 NZ is not far for you to fly huh.. Perhaps Alan will get back to OZ again some day. he loved your beautiful Country and the people too. He got a great reception there!

So nice your husband got to stand by the stage, that's fun to be that close. Thanks for your Review and we are so fortunate to Have Alan here and get to see him. He is my favorite Country Music Singer and "Where Were You" is one of my favorites . As you can tell by my signature. So glad you got your photo from Brisbane! It took a while for us to get our main link on the back of our photo that we got at the Meet and Greet. I got it in best Quality and saved it. My husband
got it done for me, from a jump drive, a USB device,at a photography shop. So ,So Happy for you as an AJ Fan Myself. Dreams can come True! Congrats!!!
Jeri_MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
luvaj10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 10:46:50 am »

Congrats on meeting Alan!! Good for you!!  So glad he came to Australia - I hear it is a beautiful place and hope to make it there some day!  Congrats again - you must be on cloud 9!!!!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 05:11:35 pm »

I am so happy for all of you who have been so lucky to meet "our Alan".
He may be from the good ole USA but his music touches everyone worldwide.
Now I hope I get to meet the man someday. Sooner rather than later would make
My day! Take care everyone. Hurry up Spring.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: