Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 10:29:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEED OPINION...ANYONE EVER BEEN TO THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC?  (Read 6320 times)
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2011, 02:10:37 am »

Hi AJ friends.........a friend of mine's daughter is getting married in May in the Dominican Republic.  She is TERRIFIED of going and she is the mother of the bride.  She hates to travel far/fly, eat and drink differently.  I have never been.  They will be at some resort but has anyone got any good or bad advice about the place???  Thanks a bunch as I would like for her to have a GOOD TIME when she goes!!!

Gwen
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 05:49:31 am »

Hi Gwen,  I have never been, but many of my friends have gone and most of them like it and have gone back many times.  As long as you stay at a 4 or 5 star resort, I think you will be okay.  I have not heard anyone complain about the food in DR either, but I have Cuba.  It probably depends on the resort.  Also to tour the country, as long as you stay on a guided tour from the resort, they should be okay.

AnitaMartina

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 01:46:38 pm »

Anyone that has gone from here has really enjoyed it.
Anita I went to Cuba and the food is good but very
bland.The one thing that I really enjoyed was their
katchup. I ate more chips then I have in years just
to have it(LOL)
Elaine

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 04:37:24 pm »

My daughter in law went last year and loved it. Just be careful if you wonder out of your resort.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 10:25:12 pm »

My Husband has been there, but not for a while now. He says The Dominican Republic is on one side and Haiti on the other.
Should be ok if they made reservations in a good resort, it should be nice.Hubby also went to Puerto Rico then also which is close...maybe closer than Cuba. Hubby was on Flight crew then.

I do not travel that much except, Just every state in the US except Hawai ha! ear problems make air travel impossible.

In my older days I'm not much fun ha! he may take our daughter and Grand teens if they can to Sweden, on vacation.
I will be in our MS Country home ha! Resting... Good Luck to your Friend, I'm sure she will be ok and congrats to the daughter who is being wed, Just stay where tourists stay and near hotel area, do not venture out to unknown places, that is the same for any big city here also.. no different.... Jerrie-MS-FL
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 03:34:31 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 10:08:52 pm »

I have never been there but my sister is a missionary in the DR.  Her family has lived there for 15 years now.  They love it.  If you stay in a nice hotel/resort and keep to the touristy areas you will do fine.  From what I understand it is a fairly reasonable vacation.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
bltn1955

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 06:45:48 am »

Best advise for travelling in the Carribean.... Be careful of the water and the ice.
And as the others have said...Don't venture away from your hotel/resort.   

LOL....Elaine... I was suprised how bland the food was in Cuba too. I just thought it would be spicy ?  I was there 5 days before I saw an onion and then it was a cocktail onion...LOL

OMGMA
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 01:51:05 pm »

I have never been there but my sister is a missionary in the DR.  Her family has lived there for 15 years now.  They love it.  If you stay in a nice hotel/resort and keep to the touristy areas you will do fine.  From what I understand it is a fairly reasonable vacation.
Becky, sounds good, price wise too.
I have some missionaries in my family too, or were going to be.. I know you are proud of your Sister.. AJ has some of the Best fans Indeed.Billy Graham's wife or (Ruth) was a missionary in China, my understanding. I admire anyone who does this work.
Jerrie-MS
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:53:34 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 09:15:33 am »

We went on the Dominican Republic about 10 years ago....stayed at Casa de Campo.   It is definitely one
of the best vacations ever.  We ventured off the resort and that was a bad move....stay on the grounds.  The town had guards with machine guns sitting at the doorways to shops.  It is a beautiful country.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: