Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 12:04:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: December  (Read 73129 times)
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2010, 08:29:40 am »

My computer has been in the shop all week.  Just got it back yesterday.

We had snow on Christmas, first time in 43 years for us!  Glad it is gone.  It has been very cold too. 

My condolences Kathy on the death of your stepmother's grandson. 
Also, praying for your sister's continued improvement Terry.  Are you getting any of the rain?  Looks terrible out in CA, and the blizzards in CO, etc.  I know it is coming our way.

Jeri, sorry to hear about your niece.  Adding her to my prayer list. 

Harriet, I ordered that magnet also.  The 34#1's is a great cd. 

Y'all have a great New Year's Eve....See ya in 2011!  God bless each one of you.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2010, 09:05:06 am »

Hi to all,

Terry, I am glad your sister is doing better.
JeriMS, I am sorry to here about your niece.  Hopefully the radiation will help.
Kathy, My condolences on your stepmom's grandson.
My prayers are with all of you.

Our weather today is mild for this time of year.  Can you believe it in Ontario, Canada.  It is raining right now and it is suppose to rain for the next couple of days.

My Christmas was very good.  Always busy and eating too much.  Visited our son with his new baby.  He is adorable.  So far he is a good baby.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2010, 10:13:31 am »

Kathy, my condolences to you and the family.

Jerrie, send prayers to your niece.

Terry, glad your sister is doing better.

Snow is gone in Belgium.

Hope 2011 gona be a great Alan Jackson year !!!

Enjoy new years evening and be careful everyone.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2010, 12:05:43 pm »

Kathy, sending prayers for the family.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 12:07:37 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2010, 12:30:09 pm »

Hello, AJ Fans & Friends!

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all of you December birthday celebrants. I'm late, as usual, with my greetings. . .my apologies. Hope you all had wonderful celebrations. . .I'm sure you all did!

Jeri, sorry to hear about your niece. So young to have to go through with that.
Terri, thanks for verifying for me which one in the picture is your sister, Sandy. Glad to hear she's doing better.
Kathy, my condolences on the passing of your stepmother's grandson. This is sad.
Nelle, hope you're feeling a lot better now. I've been thinking about you a lot.
Harriet, wishing you continued and full recovery too.
Thoughts and prayers to all of you and your loved ones, for recovery and comfort.

We had a nice Christmas celebration with my hubby's family. Hubby's brother and SIL provided the food and the rest of the family provided the presents. This has been his family's "tradition" for a few years now and it works just fine. We watched old movies. . .some in color and some in black & white. . . or try to, showing on tv. The celebration turned to chocolate candies tasting event at one point(thank you JeanB for the sweet & rich but heavenly Belgian chocolates. . .they're delicious!) with both us and hubby's sister bringing each with us a box of assorted chocolate candies. We also celebrated 3 anniversaries and a birthday. The day before we left for the family Christmas celebration we attended the celebration here at our apartment complex hosted by our apartment manager and her office staff members. They had door prizes raffled off and I won a DVD movie, the original "White Christmas" from the '50s, I believe. It is a wonderful family Christmas holiday movie. . .we've watched it number of times before, both on tv and theatre. Hubby & I are very thankful that we're both in good health for all of these. Oh, we had a little bit of snow here too and we drove through it coming back home.

We're geating ready to go out start our New Year's celebration. . .we're going to the movies and see "True Grits" and then tonight hubby and I will dine out alone (the kids will do their own dining out and allow Mom & Dad to have time alone in celebrating). We'll all come home in time to watch all the countdown to 2011 festivities on tv. We don't feel comfortable anymore being out late New Year's eve with all the drunk drivers on the road abound. Tomorrow we'll have our traditional family New Year's Day dinner celebration. . .hubby, the kids and I. . .and taking down the Christmas tree and decorations as we welcome another new year.

WISHING EVERYONE HERE AND EVERYWHERE ALL THE BEST THERE IS. . . .AND MORE GREAT AJ CONCERTS TOO. . . .FOR THE NEW YEAR 2011!!!!!

BHR
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 12:47:13 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2010, 02:57:55 pm »

Kathy how sad to lose someone so young.
My prayers go out to you and the family.
Sharon glad you got back on line so\
fast.
Anita strange weather your having.One good
thing you don't need to shovel rain.(LOL)
How nice you got to spend time with your
grand baby.
Jean hope your weather has improved.
BHR you have had a very busy Dec. Enjoy
the new year.
Elaine
Wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

suem

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2010, 06:03:10 pm »

Hi all....

Terry , have been thinking about your sister.  Prayers.
Kathy, sadness with your stepmom's grandson.
Harriet and Nelle, praying you both get well.
Jerrie,  thinking of your niece as she works her way toward recovery.  Prayers.
All stay safe for the new year. 
Enjoyed Christmas with my kids and grandkids in Minnesota.
Bill and I returned with Jana the next day to Florida.  She moved to the Fort Lauderdale area this fall. 
After spending six nights here, it's time to head back to cold MN tomorrow.  We did have a few cold nights here but the last two days have been enjoyable in the 70's.  Tuesday night turned out to be quite eventful.  We were dining with Jana and her boyfriend and his parents.  He popped the question at dessert time and presented her with a beautiful diamond ring.  So now I have another wedding to help plan.
They are not sure if they'll marry in Florida or Minnesota.  Jana's fiance is a very nice gentleman and we are happy for both of them.
I have a lousy cold so I'll sign off.
Take care to all

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: