Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 02:04:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you like for Alan to record a Bluegrass Album?  (Voting closed: August 14, 2009, 09:37:02 pm)
Yes - 44 (91.7%)
No - 4 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan Jackson  (Read 26509 times)
alotaboutlivin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 10:28:32 pm »

I would like for Alan to do a Bluesy type Album with lots of soul.
Some Bluegrass, I do not like when it's twangy.
Jeri

Country, blues, twang, gospel or whatever comes out of his heart and soul sounds good to me.
Dee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 02:52:11 am »

My ignorance is showing.  I don't even know what 'bluegrass' music sounds like.  Can anyone tell me the names of people who regularly sing bluegrass so I can have a listen to it please?

Thanks.
Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 04:19:18 am »

My ignorance is showing.  I don't even know what 'bluegrass' music sounds like.  Can anyone tell me the names of people who regularly sing bluegrass so I can have a listen to it please?

Thanks.
Dee, I'm not up with the bluegrass musicians....The only one I can think of is Dailey & Vincent, they are new and are very awesome. They also mix in gospel. They had top song last year and were the number 1 bluegrass group. I think they are so good. As Jeri said about the twange, alot of the older bluegrass singers have that sound which I am not fond of but these guys don't. So check them out, let me know what you think.[/color][/size][/color][/color]
AJfan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 08:22:03 am »

Ricky Scaggs ,Rhonda Vincent sing bluegrass music.
alotaboutlivin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 09:37:00 am »

Thanks.

Bill Monroe is the Father of Bluegrass Music.  Google him and you'll hear what bluegrass truely is. As a child I can remember visiting Ma & Pa in Breathitt Co. KY and sitting on the front porch. A friend of theirs would come down from up atop the mountain and  would play and sing bluegrass....  Memories made......
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 02:30:03 pm »

I am with Jeri and only like some Bluegrass.  Alan has done a few sorts of Bluegrass and I truly enjoy those.  How would I not love anything Alan records?
 Precious Memories & Like Red on a Rose were different ventures for Alan and great works of art.
 As someone said one time...He can sing the phonebook and I would buy it.  Me Too.... Smiley

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2009, 03:54:47 pm »

Anything Alan wants to sing is wonderful with me.  Would love a bluegrass album - he's always talked about doing one.  LROAR was supposed to be a bluegrass album.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 07:49:25 pm »

Alison Krauss & Union Station do Bluegrass.
I know I like Alan's Bluegrass version of Seven Bridges Road that is on the Live at Texas Stadium album.

country89

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2009, 05:15:02 pm »

it would be awesome to her him to record a bluegrass alblum and the cd would be awesome
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 10:02:20 pm »

It would be different, but so wa s LIKE RED ON A ROSE.  I think ALAN sang every song on that cd so beautifully.

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
hillbillieheart

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 06:20:59 pm »

I'd Love it where I come from Bluegrass was called Hillbilly music that music makes my heart spark! It would be great if he paired up with Rhonda Vincent and Vince Gill for a song or two.
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 09:51:47 am »

That would be great. Why not whit his family? I remember one of Alan's dvds (Precious Memories i think)where Alan's sisters, mother Ruth and BIL. have a  bluegrass band. It's sounded very nice.
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 09:54:14 pm »

Question:   Would you like for Alan to record a Bluegrass Album?  

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!  Alan and the Strayhorns can do a really rockin' bluegrass cd!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:21:05 pm by AJsTricia » Logged

I can see me loving you forever ~ I can feel my arms around your life ~ I can taste your lips against my memory
Listen to your senses, what they have to say.
chcoffey

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 08:07:43 pm »

Yea I think should Long Long Way is kind of a bluegrass songs and I listen to that song all the time
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: