Alan Jackson
June 16, 2024, 07:19:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan Jackson celebrates 34 chart-topping songs  (Read 7511 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2010, 04:06:49 pm »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/sc-ent-1117-alan-jackson-20101120,0,5922325.story
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 04:54:18 pm »

Great article - thanks Beth!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 07:37:26 pm »

love it, thanks.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 09:11:49 pm »

Fantastic article. Thank you.

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 10:53:19 am »

Thank you Beth. I loved the article.  Take Care     nelle
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 06:49:27 pm by nelle » Logged

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 09:53:51 am »

What a wonderful surprise when I opened the Arts & Entertainment section of the Tribune yesterday and saw that gorgeous hunk of a man staring out at me from this full 1/2 page article.  I'll be keeping this in my AJ scrapbook for sure! 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 10:49:16 am »

I love that article...it really expresses how great Alan is, and how country he remains. Thanks so much for sharing.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
suem

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 10:07:24 pm »

Wow....another nice article to read!

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 08:41:23 am »

Wow great article from Chicago no less!  Leslie
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 05:39:29 pm »

Beth wonderful article..
I had just earlier sat down to rest and my Husband put GAC on and it's Part 1 with Cody about Alan's 34 chart topping hits.we enjoyed hearing Alan tell about the details of making the Video's and he said something different about each one.
It was like a  conversation with Alan in Our home. we really enjoyed it. Alan saw a shot of Mattie on a tricycle in one and
said it was nice seeing that, and he wanted to look at that again. He made so many I'm sure he had forgotten where each clip was. How could anyone remember, with that many, He also said "The children have been all over, but Denise might come w/him to Australia w/the children in school."

As We listened to Alan, I could see why I really identify with him, even more.. He was from small town usa, and was not anxious to leave home. I was scared myself to go to CA ,afraid of culture shock LOL. we shared so much in common, our families etc..His music tells his story of his Life, in a way..he was in a great mood, must have recorded it earlier. It was really great..He told where different video's were shot etc.. and his first ones, one or more done with real lighting, no huge
lighting gear then and still they were great! He was so young and long blonde hair. He actually looks better w/the years !

My husband has a greater appreciation of Alan now, after my making him watch for hours haha! He really enjoyed it and said "that sounds like you and your family" in those days. I'm like Alan, I really enjoyed the Country Life and still do.

I was just back to my ole MS. Country Church reunion and saw people I knew from years ago. It was wonderful and the old Church is simply beautiful inside. I was married in that very Church, and my distant relative founded the Church, so it is special to me. So Alan if you need a beautiful old Church to do a Video or Country community, it's simply just that.. Like a step back in time.
 With all kinds of country food at our community house across the road.. The place was full with family and friends and their new children and grands. I left a memorial Gift in honor of my Mother who died a while back. Great to still see the Church active and new couples of the children I grew up with, coming back to retire. Love that Church!

Please watch this show on GAC Part 1 w/Cody and the other one also! Alan is Great! Wow how far his career has come !
I am so proud of his success and that he is happy. He remains himself, never seemingly putting himself above anyone. I love that about him most. well maybe after his wonderful Songs and voice! Alan (~)? Cheers! to another many Years of great music to share with Fans who Love you! Congrats to Alan  and Love to you and your sweet family!

God Bless, Jerrie-MS
PS- I have old CD's of Alan's still. also LeAnn Rimes! Plus somethinmg to play them on still   Smiley

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 11:03:41 am »

Jeri,

I will have to look and see if they are replaying that on GAC...I have not seen it but have been gone to Florida for the past week or so. I hate to miss any of the programs where Alan is showcased.....

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: