Alan Jackson
June 26, 2024, 11:53:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: just wanted to say...  (Read 10908 times)
rickm

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2012, 05:12:32 pm »

hi, i just wanted to say how proud i am to be an alan jackson fan, and a fan club member for the last 18 years. thats all !

havin a "good time" listening to alan in my '65 gto.. fan club member since july 1994.
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 01:44:43 am »

Hi Rick!
Wish I was going to see Alan in the near future, but it's not in the cards.  Have you been to any concerts?  Tell us about yourself.

I'm Sharon and live in SC, married and a grandma!  LOL!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 02:27:20 pm »

Hi Rick, welcom to the board. I'm Jean (male) from Belgium.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
rickm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 03:49:16 pm »

hi, ive been to 7 aj concerts , 2 that i had great fan club seats. ive also been to 1 fan club party in nashville. alan has been my favorite country artist since the first time i heard "blue blooded woman" on the radio. i was fortunate enough to meet him at my first concert at hunter mt. ski resort in upstate n.y. in 1994. they had a big circus tent set up in the parking lot and alan's tour bus was right behind the tent. there was very little security back then. faith hill was touring with him as his warmup band. before the show to my suprise i saw alan standing beside the refreshment stand talking to some of his road crew. i walked up to him thinking, "what do i say to this man i admire so much? ". i introduced myself and told him how i really liked his music and was looking forward to the show. i also told him how i grew up listening to my dad's old cracklin hank sr. albums . he said that "he did too and to have a good time". he later signed autographs at his tourbus door. gonna have to wait and see if he has any shows in my area. im overdue for an aj concert. rickm.

havin a "good time" listening to alan in my '65 gto.. fan club member since july 1994.
susi67

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 03:56:57 pm »

Hi Rick, you've been to many concert, great !
I'm also proud to be an AJ Fan since 1990.
I live in Switzerland so there are not so many opportunities I have to go to concerts.
But I've got Alan daily around me, my living room is a big Alan corner, my friends know, when they come to my home, they listen music by Alan, or whoever is driving with me in my car, Alan's music is everywhere.
Maybe there are people that think I'm crazy, but I don't care.
I'm a Alan fan and that makes me happy.
Welcome to the board.
Susanne

.....Swissgirl loves Alan.....
Alan, your voice and your songs bring the sun into my heart and a smile on my face !
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 08:31:45 pm »

Rick, you sound like a great fan of Alan. I have been a fan since 2002 when I discovered how great country music is. I did not even have a CD player in 2002. I bought the only 2 available  cassette tapes of Alan's work- Drive & The Greatest Hits Collection. I put them in & started listening & said "Wow, these are great songs! I was hooked on Alan's songs from that moment on. In 2003 I was privileged to attend my first Alan concert.
I live in the Atlanta area. Alan's home base for Country Radio. Glad to report that both our staitons are now playing SYDHTLMA.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:33:27 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

rickm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 04:35:39 pm »

hey suzi67, people kid me too about being such a big aj fan. i have his autograph on the tailgate of my pickup truck, and many alan tee shirts ive collected through the years. my vintage "alot about livin" tee shirt is my favorite. its amazing talking to someone on the other side of the world. thanks. rickm..

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 05:57:44 pm »

Hi Rick.  Welcome to the Fan Club.  I live in Canada, the southern part of the province of Ontario. I have been an Alan Jackson fan since I saw him on the TV program "Austin City Limits" in 1999.  The song was Here In The Real World.  I got hooked.  I have every AJ CD and his videos.  I have alot of tapings of TV talk shows he has been on in the beginning of his career.  I have been to 8 concerts of his and have enjoyed them all.  I will be seeing him again in 3 days in London, Ontario.  Looking so forward to it.  These are tickets I won a couple of years ago for writing a Fan Review in his magazine.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

rickm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 06:10:40 am »

excellent, have a great time.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 01:51:43 am »

Rick, you were fortunate to meet Alan when he was getting started.  I began following him in 1996 and started getting fan club tickets probably in '98 or '99.  I've traveled all over the country to see him and wish I was younger and I'd be traveling more!  LOL!  I've met many of the the fans and that's a plus too.  Monty Allen of the Strayhorns is from a small town here in Union County, SC. 

That's it, there you go

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 09:37:54 am »

I've loved Alan and his music since the first time I heard it over 20 years ago. Everyone that knows me, knows that. I have seen Alan at a couple of concerts in Indianapolis and twice at the Grand Ole Opry. I just missed seeing him at the Opry last week. Darn it. I have never met him, but it's on my bucket list. Take care all.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
lclement88

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 11:10:04 pm »

Hi all Im Lachy from Australia! I this is my second year in the fan club, but the first time posting!! Smiley
When Alan was out in Aus I went to his concert, IT WAS AMAZING!!!!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 11:42:45 am »

Welcome Lachy! 

That's it, there you go

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 12:21:44 am »

Hello rickm and everyone else............My name is Gwen and I have been an alanfanatic since 1998.  I love him so much I named my first son after him.........A.J.  Now he is not of the human kind he is a cat but I have no kids so.......I have seen him 8 times as he comes to Ontario, Canada where I live quite often.  We are very fortunate for that.  In 2009 I hsd one of the greatest nights of my life.  Had a M & G.............I will never FORGET it.  Have our spare bedroom made into an Alan room so I hear ya..........Welcome aboard.

Gwen aka ajthecatsmom
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: