Alan Jackson
July 01, 2024, 02:25:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ to Receive Greatest Hits Award & Perform on American Country Awards  (Read 5992 times)
katluvsaj

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2010, 10:55:10 am »

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2010/11/23/alan-jackson-to-receive-greatest-hits-award-and-perform-on-first-ever-american-country-awards-monday-december-6-on-fox-975000/20101123fox01/

[11/23/10 - 06:39 AM]
Alan Jackson to Receive Greatest Hits Award and Perform on First-Ever "American Country Awards" Monday, December 6, on FOX
Released by FOX [NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALAN JACKSON TO RECEIVE GREATEST HITS AWARD AND PERFORM ON FIRST-EVER "AMERICAN COUNTRY AWARDS" MONDAY, DECEMBER 6, ON FOX

Voting for Artist of the Year Continues at www.theacas.com Until Saturday, December 4

Country music superstar Alan Jackson has been tapped to receive the Greatest Hits Award at the AMERICAN COUNTRY AWARDS. Jackson, who has sold more than 50 million albums over his 20-year career, will also perform on the inaugural broadcast airing live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Monday, Dec. 6 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.

The AMERICAN COUNTRY AWARDS Greatest Hits Award is presented to a performer who has produced an extensive catalogue of No. 1 hits throughout his/her chart-topping career. The award also recognizes the artist's many contributions to the genre of country music.

"Alan Jackson is the consummate hit-maker whose countless chart-topping songs can be heard every day on radio stations across the country," said Bob Bain, AMERICAN COUNTRY AWARDS executive producer. "Jackson has written and performed many of country music's most recognizable songs, so it only seemed fitting that he receive the inaugural award."

Since the release of his debut album in 1990, Alan Jackson has become one of the most successful and respected singer-songwriters in music today. Jackson is a 16-time award winner at both the CMA and ACM Awards and a Grammy-honored songwriter. His current album, "34 Number Ones," is a career-spanning, double-disc collection featuring all of His No. 1 hits to date, including recent chart-topping smash "As She's Walking Away" and Jackson's take on Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire."

Hosted by Trace Adkins, AMERICAN COUNTRY AWARDS is the only country music awards show that gives fans the opportunity to vote for their favorite artists not only in traditional categories but also in previously unrecognized areas of the business such as touring, encompassing the entire spectrum of country music and bestowing honors that no other awards show has. The star-studded event will also feature previously announced performers Trace Adkins, Easton Corbin, Toby Keith, Rascal Flatts, Reba, Blake Shelton, Steel Magnolia, Josh Turner and Uncle Kracker, as well as participants Laura Bell Bundy, Rodney Carrington, Jewel, Lady Antebellum, Bret Michaels, Ty Murray, Jeff Dunham and Michael Waltrip.

AMERICAN COUNTRY AWARDS is executive-produced by Bob Bain (TEEN CHOICE 2010, "Kids' Choice Awards"). Paul Flattery and Tisha Fein serve as producers; Fletcher Foster is co-producer; and Greg Sills is supervising producer. Michael Dempsey will direct the special.

Read more: Breaking News - Alan Jackson to Receive Greatest Hits Award and Perform on First-Ever "American Country Awards" Monday, December 6, on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2010/11/23/alan-jackson-to-receive-greatest-hits-award-and-perform-on-first-ever-american-country-awards-monday-december-6-on-fox-975000/20101123fox01/#ixzz167YQK9xA

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 11:16:24 am »

Kathy, thank you so much for posting this. When they first announced the nominees to all the categories in the award show, I was dumbfounded and very displeased. . .quite angry too. . .that Alan was not nominated anywhere at all. So I immediately sent the producer, I believe it was, an email explaining my disgust and listed down Alan's accomplishments in country music to date, including his receiving a Star at the HWOF and the Founders Award from ASCAP and the 50M copies of albums sold as of last year(?). I then asked if, with all these accolades and accomplishments, Alan does not qualify to any nominations in their awards show along with George Strait who, I think, received 2 (read below). Never got any response to it. I wonder if I wasn't the only one that had written them a letter of complaint that made them change their minds and give this award to Alan. Thanks again, Kathy, and I'll be watching the show now.

CONGRATULATIONS, ALAN!!!!!!

BHR

My Letter To ACMA:
Just read the nominees in your first ever "real fan voted" country music award and I'm dumbfounded. When this award show was first announced I was ecstatic to read about it. Since the cable country music network TNN was cancelled, I had looked so forward to an award like this as I've never been a fan of CMT ever. Now, I come to find out your award show is not any better. . .or at least it doesn't sound or look like it. George Straight and Tim McGraw got 1 or 2 nominations, but where's the nomination for Alan Jackson? He have thousands upon thousands of fans listening to his music on the radio and albums and going to his concerts, received a Star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame just this last April, recently was awarded by the American Society of Composers, Artists & Producers (ASCAP) with the Founders Awards, their most prestigious award and most recently he was one of the artists who were invited and performed at the "We're All For The Hall" annual benefit show for the Country Music Hall of Fame and the audience went wild when he walked on stage and throughout his performance. Please read what ASCAP has to say about Alan Jackson  and tell me that he didn't qualify for even a single nod in your award show:

http://www.ascap.com/eventsawards/awards/ascapcma/2010/FoundersAward.aspx 

If that still does not convince you that he is deserving of nomination(s) to your award, may I suggest that you watch his performance with the Zac Brown Band at the CMA show on Nov. 10, broadcasted live on ABC. By the way, Alan Jackson just sold out 5 concert dates in Australia. He'll be on Australian tour March of 2011, if you all have not heard. Shame on you all on your disregard for this great artist, a legend in own his right.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:37:37 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 01:54:49 pm »

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 07:51:27 pm »

BHR...FANTASTIC letter and I applaud you for the honesty and laying it out like it REALLY is.
Kathy, thank you for posting the article.   A must watch.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 08:09:57 pm »

BHR Bravo!!

Great News!!!! for one of the most successful, respected Country Singers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for Alan to receive this award and perform on the show too. He certainly has a catalogue of number one's
and with  this Award, he gets notice, and deservedly so!

If you have Alan's DVD's of years of his work, you can see great Songs that got little airplay much."I'll Go On Loving You" is one of my favorites.The Video is well done too. Usually on a DVD an artist has maybe three or less great songs but each DVD of Alan's , most are well known and played over & over,each song..Love this new one and all the Songs. My favorite
"The Blues man" is also another one I love in Concert.Oh he sings this with such Heart!!!

Congrats to Alan and may you have many more hits for years to come!! Alan has enriched all our lives with his Beautiful Voice! Singing his Songs from the Heart, that touches each of us, in some way.
I am PROUD of Alan and ALL of his accomplishments, doing what he likes to do! Thanks Alan and The StrayHorns!

What a Legacy this Young Legend has already! His Family has to be Proud.

Bless You Alan,
An Alan Jackson Fan Forever,
Jerrie-MS

« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 12:17:06 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 08:14:17 pm »

Kathy thank you for your posting of this award.  Take Care    nelle

BHR  God Bless you from the bottom of my heart and soul for standing up and sticking up for ALAN. He deserves so much respect.      Take Care   HUGS   nelle
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:46:31 pm by nelle » Logged

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 09:19:30 pm »

Way to go, BHR! Love your letter. If Alan isn't deserrving of an award nobody is.

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 08:30:43 am »

Way to go BHR!  Thanks from all of us for sending that letter.  It is possible that they had intended to give him this award from the onset and that is why he wasn't in any of the other categories.  We all know that he truly deserves this, and all of his past, awards and honors.  Hall of Fame should be next.  Leslie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: